March 2017 RHBPA Meeting Notes

RHBPA Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, March 8th, 2017

Attendees: Greg Zakrzewski, Ann Busch, Keith Bond, Ann Fisher-Bale, Donna McCloy, Dave Stockton, Vonda Westcott

The meeting was called to order at 8:10 AM by President Greg Zakrzewski. We welcomed Dave Stockton to the group.

Treasurers Report: Not available as Julie was absent

Old Business

Scholarship – Greg will contact Colleen Albee to discuss.

Evening Meeting – Greg will look into confirming a date for another evening meeting, possibly at the Masonic Hall with a speaker.

Music In The Park – Sunday, August 6th at Rotary Park

  • Dave Stockton will play from 3:00-4:00 PM. Dave asked if we were interested in having a duo this year. Group agreed that would be fine.
  • Easy Street Big Band will play from 4:30 – 6:30 PM.
  • Wineries participating are: Schulze Winery, Leonard Oakes Winery. Ann will confirm with Becker Farms, Spring Lake, Barker Brewery, and Meadworks.
  • Della’s Chocolates has agreed to participate.
  • Bond Catering will provide food.
  • Royalton Hartland Community Library will participate.
  • It was suggested to contact Baker Farms on Beals Road in Medina to see if they are interested.
  • Greg will call Sara to confirm that she can provide the goat for Goat Chip Bingo.
  • We will not order outhouses this year. We will have the restrooms in the Scout House available.
  • Gift Basket – will confirm with Donna if FMC will donate. We should look at a different give-away prize to change things up. Please think about possible ideas.
  • Advertising – we will need a newspaper article and ad. Also could go in the Home Town News. We should utilize Facebook to spread the word. We need to get a count of signs so we can determine if we need more.
  • Ann Fisher-Bale suggested that we look at other activities we could have at the event. Dave Stockton noted that he has seen wooden items for wine bottles (holders, etc) at the Lockport Community Market. It was suggested we look into this vendor when the market opens for the season and/or others that would be a good fit with our event.
  • Ann Busch was concerned about eliminating a tent. It was decided we should keep the two tents.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:41 AM. The next meeting will be Wednesday, April 12th at 8:00 AM at Darrell’s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *