RHBPA August 2016 Meeting Notes

RHBPA Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, August 10th, 2016

Attendees: Julie Maedl, Ann Fisher-Bale, Ann Busch, Janet Lyndaker, Don Scott, Sara Reed, Vonda Westcott

The meeting was called to order at 8:10 AM by President Greg Zakrzewski.

Treasurers Report: Current balance – $4,282.08. Scholarship award of $500 was paid to Emma Lindke.
Music In The Park – Receivables
Tickets: $1,042 (includes additional $85 for Door Prize only tickets purchased that day)
Goat Chip: $165
Hot Dogs: $144
Bond Catering (??)
TOTAL: $1,351

Approximate Expenses: $1,142.50 (+ $75.01 to Greg for hot dogs and supplies). We are also waiting for bill from US & J. Estimated profit – $133.49. Final figures will be provided at September’s meeting.

Old Business

Scholarship: We received a Thank You note from Emma Lindke for the scholarship.

Music In The Park – July 17th

• Port-a-Potty: Port-a Potty was never delivered.
• RH Community Library: Library was happy with the profit they made and would like to participate again next year.
• Publicity: Thank You’s should be sent to those who participated. Follow-up article with winners needs to be sent to the newspaper.

• Suggestions for Improving and Reducing Costs for Event Next Year:

  1. We need to do a better job of promoting the event. We should be more clear that the music is free. It is also good to vary the bands to get a different following.
  2. No Port-a-Potty since Scout House Restrooms are available.
  3. One large tent for wineries and have 3 or 4 pop up tents around the event for people to use.
  4. Discussed that some attendees bring glasses from previous years and don’t pay. Leonard Oakes gave us wrist bands to use to show that people had purchased their ticket this year. Discussed using wrist bands or stickers next year.
  5. Also any RHBPA member who has wine glasses from previous years can give to Julie to help reduce the amount we may need to purchase next year.
  6. If anyone has signs from last year and/or this year, please bring to next meeting (or give to Julie) so she can get an accurate count.

New Business

Fall Evening Mixer

  • We will plan to have this for the October meeting. Hor d’oeuvres, beer and wine will be served. Greg will contact the speaker to determine availability so date can be set. He will try to plan it for a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:49 AM. The next meeting will be Wednesday, September 14th at 8:00 AM at Darrell’s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *