RHBPA Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, June 8th, 2016
Greg Zakrzewski, Julie Maedl, Ann Fisher-Bale, Ann Busch, Sarah Reed, Don Scott, Donna McCloy, Vonda Westcott
The meeting was called to order at 8:14 AM by President Greg Zakrzewski.
Current balance – $3,979.58. Julie also has approximately $300 in dues to deposit (not included in total). Anyone who has not paid their membership dues, please send to Julie as soon as possible (33 Mechanic St, Middleport).
Scholarship– Emma Lindke has been chosen as the winner of the RHBPA Scholarship this year. Greg Z will present her with a check for $500 on Monday, June 13th at the Academic Awards Ceremony.
Music In The Park – July 17th
• Music: Dave Stockton – 4:00-5:00 PM and The Blind Leading the Blind – 4:30-6:30 PM.
• Wineries: Leonard Oakes, Schulze, Vizcarra Vineyards, and 810 Meadworks. Barker Brewery will represent craft beer.
• Chocolate: Della’s Chocolate is confirmed.
• Farm Markets: Huntington Farms will participate as a farm market. Becker Farms and LynOaken will bring goods from their farm markets as well.
• Caterer: Bond Catering will participate.
• RH Community Library: Julie reported that the library will have a book sale. They are providing their own table and chairs and anything else that they will need.
• Goat Chip Bingo: Sarah asked what the quantity of the Bingo squares is. In the past, we have made it 12’ x 12’ (144 squares). Discussion on the prizes (how many and dollar amounts or 50/50). We will finalize at the July meeting.
• Publicity: Ann B’s brother-in-law will make posters for businesses to display for the event. Pat Fagan made flyers however some updates are needed (correct spelling error, include Bond Catering and 810 Meadworks as well as add the time that The Blind Leading the Blind will play,). Revised flyers are now available at the Village Hall. For your convenience, a pdf file will also be sent so businesses can print their own copies.
Anyone who can distribute posters at their business is encouraged to do so as the more publicity, the better!
• Tickets: All members are encouraged to sell tickets for this fund raiser. If you would like tickets to have available at your business or to sell to friends and relatives, please contact Julie Maedl – 735-7631.
**VOLUTEERS NEEDED** A couple of volunteers are needed to help sell tickets at the door. Please contact Julie Maedl – 735-7631.
• Door Prize: Donna said FMC will provide the basket for the door prize. Julie is waiting to hear from Wendy on gift certificate for the overnight stay at Salvatore’s. If necessary, Greg said he could pick it up.
• Hot Dogs: RHBPA will sell hot dogs. Greg will pick up hot dogs, rolls, water and condiments.
**VOLUNTEERS NEEDED** A couple of volunteers are needed to help at the hot dog table.
Please contact Julie Maedl ASAP -735-7631 if you can help.
• Tents/Tables/Port-a-Potty: Julie reported the tents should be up Friday night or Saturday, depending on their schedule. Port-a-potty should be delivered on Saturday afternoon/evening. Scout House will be unlocked so the restrooms inside can be used as well. (Vonda will unlock.)
**VOLUNTEERS NEEDED** to set up tables and chairs on Sunday (2:00 PM). Help is also needed at the end of the event for clean up. Please contact Julie Maedl ASAP -735-7631 if you can help.
Ann F-B advised that there is a newspaper insert called Momentum 2016 to be published in July that offers the opportunity to showcase your business. Below are the dates and topics:
Business & Industries – publishing July 10th
Education – publishing July 17th
Our Towns – publishing July 24th
Eastern Niagara Living – publishing July 31st
Larger ads (3-col x 5” and up) will qualify for digital website presence. Reserve your space ASAP! Please contact Ann Fisher-Bale (716) 465-6080 or the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal 439-9222, ext 2267 for more information.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:52 AM. The next meeting will be Wednesday, July 13th at 8:00 AM at Darrell’s.