Attendees: Greg Zakrzewski, Julie Maedl, Ann Fisher-Bale, Ann Busch, Janet Lyndaker, Vonda Westcott, Mike Carrier
The meeting was called to order at 8:10 AM by President Greg Zakrzewski. He introduced our new member Mike Carrier from the Niagara Orleans Country Club.
Treasurers Report: Current balance – $2,808.32. Payments since last meeting include newspaper ad for Music In The Park, paper supplies for tickets and flyers.
Music In The Park
Ann Busch reported that the wineries did well at the event, as well as Baker Farms.
Julie reported that the Bicentennial had a basket raffle at their event at the ravine and made $700. She suggested we do this type of raffle with more basket offerings instead of the three prizes we have done in the past as people seem to love the offering of 50 or more baskets that they can buy chances for. She noted that the baskets would not have to be elaborate. We could have smaller baskets with just a few items, a gift certificate, or perhaps one item of more value. We would need more member participation to seek out donations from many businesses and improve our promotion of the event.
Other suggestions include
1. Include more information on larger signs to list bands that will be playing
2. Include more information on signs and/or flyers that list vendors participating
3. Be more clear on cost for the event
4. Communicate that this event is to raise money for the RHBPA Scholarship
5. Include a map for location of event (on signs or flyers)
6. More participation from members on selling tickets
7. More breweries (we should have two)
8. Contact some new wineries (soon, so that we can book them)
9. Make programs to distribute to those attending listing names and phone numbers of all participants
10. Suggestion made to lower the price of Goat Chip Bingo chances to get more participation
11. Spend more time on the mic at the event to encourage people to stop and see what the vendors have to offer
Fall Evening Mixer
Greg is finalizing details for this. He will contact Vonda when he has all details to send out notice.
UPDATE: Fall Evening Mixer – Wednesday, November 1st – Masonic Hall, Main Street, Middleport
6:00 PM Cocktails and Hors d’Oeuvres, Meeting at 6:30 PM
Ann Fisher-Bale suggested we create a quarterly newsletter to feature businesses and promote our group and the benefits of being a member. This will be discussed at a future meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:55 AM. The next meeting will be Wednesday October 11th at Darrell’s.