Chauncey Norman, a long time resident of Middleport, started his own business after working at the Niagara Sprayer for 37 years. NORCO Machine and Sheet Metal Corporation was started in 1957 with four employees in a building on Kelly Avenue after Niagara Chemical Division closed out its machine shop.
Mr. Norman, Harold Austin and James Arnold formed their own firm and became known for their work in metal fabrication, arc welding and machine work. In 1961 the business moved from Kelly Avenue to a former Niagara Chemical Division building on Maple Avenue at the foot of Cemetery Street and added six additional employes.
Chauncey Norman retired in 1971 and passed away in 1993.
Photo courtesy of Bill Arnold.