RHBPA Meeting Notes – June 2017

Wednesday, June 14th 2017

Attendees: Greg Zakrzewski, Ann Busch, Keith Bond, Janet Lyndaker, Julie Maedl, Vonda Westcott (if I forgot anyone, please let me know!)

The meeting was called to order at 8:14 AM by President Greg Zakrzewski.

Treasurers Report: Julie reported we have $3,082.08 in our account. ($500 was given for scholarship, and $3.00 bank fee was deducted).


Old Business

Membership – Julie has received only seven memberships so far. She will send hard copy invoices.

Scholarship – There was only one student who applied for our scholarship, Emma Halstead. Greg had the business plan she submitted and passed it around the group. He presented the scholarship to Emma Halstead at the Awards Ceremony. Emma also was awarded the FMC scholarship

Music In The Park

  • Event sponsors – Janet said the Beautification Committee should be listed as one of the sponsors of the event, along with FMC since they pay for the band every year.
  • Wineries – Wineries are all confirmed. Ann will contact Barker Brewery to see if they can come (they have since closed). She will also contact Becker Farms to see if they want to bring their beer offerings to sample. Becker Farms also noted they will need an electrical hook up. There is power at the pavilion however, since the band will be using that we will probably need to provide another source for them. Vonda will check with Bryan Bobbitt to see where the closest outlet is for this. Greg has a 100’ power cord he can loan them.
  • Music – Moon Hunters will play from 3:00 to 4:00 PM and Easy Street will play from 4:30 to 6:30 PM.
  • Food – Keith will provide food options and we will also sell hot dogs.
  • Farmer’s Markets – Huntington Farms, Baker Farms and Stone Hollow Farms will participate.
  • Goat Chip Bingo – Greg will contact Sara to confirm that she is all set for the event.
  • Vendors – Ann spoke with Specialty Wine Holders (not sure if this is the correct name) and he will participate.
  • Library – The Roy-Hart Community Library will hold a book sale at the event.
  • Tents – have been ordered
  • Glasses – Ann B has ordered more glasses in a new color.
  • Port-a-potty – Julie ordered a flushable one from Julie’s since it was only $50 more. She will let the church know it will be delivered on Friday before the event.
  • Gift Baskets – Greg will pick up the gift certificate for the overnight stay at Russell’s or Salvatore’s. A second basket will consist of gift cards from local stores/businesses. Greg said he would contact Dan Bragg to see if he would donate a gift card. Julie said she would contact the Basket Factory for a gift certificate. Julie will see if she has something from the shop she could contribute. Keith will donate 3 dozen cookies. If any member is willing to donate a gift certificate or service, please contact Julie at 735-7631. The third would be the basket donated by FMC.
  • Publicity – Julie will do an article and get a picture with Donna in it and be sure FMC is noted as a sponsor.
  • Tickets and posters will be passed out at the July meeting.
  • Yard signs – IF ANYONE HAS ANY YARDSIGNS, PLEASE CONTACT JULIE AT 735-7631 ASAP OR BRING TO THE JULY MEETING.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 AM.

The next meeting will be Wednesday, July 11th at 8:00 AM at Darrell’s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *