RHBPA Meeting Minutes – Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
Attendees: Greg Zakrzewski, Ann Busch, Keith Bond, Julie Maedl, Brendan Dymes, Janet, Lyndaker, Ann Fisher-Bale, Vonda Westcott
The meeting was called to order at 8:09 AM.
Treasurer’s Report: Current balance – $3,771.08. This reflects payment to Keith for the Annual Dinner.
• Reminder to be sure to take advantage of the website and contact Patt Fagan with an ad or copy to spotlight your business.
• Scholarship – Greg will contact Colleen Albee regarding the RHBPA scholarship.
• Evening Meeting – Greg would like to have another evening meeting in April. He will look into getting a speaker and will have a date by March meeting. Once confirmed, we need to encourage all members to attend and bring a friend who might be interested in joining. We need more members!
• Keith reported that the Friends of the Library are moving forward with the Imagination Library Program. Discussion was held regarding a donation to the program. Ann Fisher-Bale made a motion to give $250 to the Imagination Library. Vonda Westcott seconded the motion. Approved.
• Ann Fisher-Bale advised that the newspaper has a new weekly publication that will be mailed to everyone throughout the area. It is entitled, “Your Hometown Extra.” We can advertise to promote the RHBPA as well as our individual businesses.
• We discussed ideas for how to get more members and events we could hold to do this. Attendance at the wine event has dropped and we discussed ways to improve/expand this event. Julie will confirm the date with the village. More discussion on ways to cut costs (pop up tents instead of large tent), change music. Julie will talk to Wayne Blumrick to see if the Easy Street Band is available. A new chairperson and committee is needed for this event. Please think about volunteering for this.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:03 AM. The next meeting is Wednesday, March 8th at 8:00 AM at Darrell’s.